Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 29: January 29, 2016 Who I Am

January 29, 2016
Day 29   Who I Am

An honest appraisal; My life has been more concerned about what I do than who I am. I want to show you my stuff, look at my credentials, maybe even touch some of my plaques, awards, recounting of trips, adventures, and passions (you will find little of this list in my possession- but I would want you to look at them if I had them). If you stick around long enough you will find me covertly weaving into our conversation my "doings," cause I am a sneaky one. But I know better. Vulnerability is living in the open. (caught up with this topic and Brene Brown- thanks Mary C.)

Even still, I will try to push my stuff in front of you so that it fits snuggly between me and you.  I want you and I to take time to go through my list of what I have done, together. I like to hide behind my accomplishments while I watch you grow impressed with each one. Or so I hope.

"What are you doing these days?" is a lovely question. It is a sure lead in to show n' tell for the mature and responsible. However, someone turned this all upside down and it didn't go so well for him. His revolutionary ways killed him or so it seems. But this was his choice. For me. And for you.

The burning question, at the end of it all is not what did I do for Him. The question is simply, does He know me. I might argue, but I did this, and I did that, and I did this. To think my Father Creator could respond, "I do not know you" is terrorizing. It is important to remember that anything I could possibly do, is not proof enough for the creator to know who I am. He will only know me through my relationship with Christ. For it all comes down to a relationship. The one who died became the way for me to be known by the Father I want to know me.







No comments:

Post a Comment