Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 13: January 13, 2016 - Twin Valley Coffee Cottage Industry: Part 1

January 13, 2016
Day 13 Twin Valley Coffee Cottage Industry: Part One


Jesse loves the company
Our Twin Valley Coffee Company is the most wonderful cottage industry in the area and I am thrilled to be a part of this endeavor. While studying the Industrial Revolution in Mr. Dean's sixth grade class it always made me sad that the cottage industries were disappearing with mechanization, capable of mass production, bullying it out of existence.

More, more, more, more meant less, less, less, family time. Maybe my view was too glamorous, of each home set up with a different specialization theme. But it certainly had me dreaming and interested. And little did that sixth grader know, sitting in that history class, that someday I would find myself in the best smelling, best tasting, superior coffee cottage industry.

Charming customers
My husband has been home ever since 1986. I giggle watching my friends experience their husbands home for the first time. It's kinda entertaining. Lynn and I have done this ever since we were married. He is always around the home. You would think we were farmers. Not so, though my Plant and Soil Science Degree from U.R.I would indicate that was where I was headed. Instead, we are "upstreamers" doing life the way we wanted to and kicking status quo in the dust. But, I always feel I must add, when I get on my high horse, we should have done some status quo. We have a ways out of our financial sludge, but we'll get there, we'll get there. This does not hamper our drive.

Nitro Toddies - Gorgeous when made
Lynn did not marry an accountant. He tried. Me, taking care of business? I dropped out of that West Chester University course. It was like trying to catch minnows, the numbers swam, away, all the time. Now, I do love making directional and visionary decisions for our company, but doing the books, well that's a whole different skill set. I do feel for him! I love listing the women he should have married and listening to him groan like he ate something gross. Awww... such a guy. He only has eyes for me.

One ride with the two of us in a car would have us pegged - we are definitely first born. We are assertive, we know where we want to go and we don't need your advice. Thank you. So, though we love each other passionately, we don't give each other much room. Who needs that? We love to dream, we love to talk about our dreams, and we love to plan out our dreams. And for the past, almost 30 years, we have loved waking up and doing life together.

I know, I diverge. You just want to hear about the Coffee Company. This is part one. A little dip into the beginnings of one of the best companies in the area. The service is exceptional, the product is out of the world, and the things in the works...........unparalleled belief! (whatever that means)

2 comments:

  1. Ah when you write about people and what moves you..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. The problem is I really like to write about other things also. Thanks for enduring that as well.

    ReplyDelete