Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 6: January 6, 2015 - Stringing It Out

Twin Valley Coffee Toddy - Life Changer!
January 6, 2016
Day 6 Stringing It Out

I spent twenty minutes of my life, last night, past midnight, watching and listening to a doctor describe how my life could change. Too much coffee after 9 pm leads me to some fun midnight activities -Twitter is just one of them. Last night, simple Twitter-ing brought me to, what seemed to be, Pictionary with Dr. Carey's magic marker presentation. You can't judge him for using a magic marker, man, he's good at drawing while keeping up with his thoughts. However, you do have to wonder if all the drawing impedes his ability to get his point across. It might have taken Jack, Sally or Joe five minutes. But twenty minutes later, I was still waiting for Dr. Carey to get to his life-altering point.

At one point, far into the presentation the audio went silent. Wait? What?!  After twenty seconds (eternity) he came back, "Still listening?"  My head nodded, Uh, Yeah! Why wouldn't I be? You still haven't gotten to the point buddy. I could wind up in the hospital. Heck, I was surprised I wasn't already there!

For a long time I listened to Dr. Carey describe something that had great potential for changing my life, one, click, away! * And tonight I could get grandfathered in to the low cost. (sweating!) Before he told me what it was, though, he really took the time to help me see what my issues were, how others were affected, why we all had those issues, why we needed his solution. He was able to go on and on and on pulling me closer and closer to an intense desire to hear what was going to keep me alive. Buddy, give it up! Tell me before I keel. I don't think I even heard him take a breath. But with baited breath he had me waiting, wondering, and trying to figure it out.

As I watched the swift move of his left hand writing, drawing, and coloring, the twenty minutes flew by. So, so, riveting.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I do the same thing when I take forever to share the gospel....


*I am not a sucker for these kinds of things. Ok?!!!! Geesh!

ps. are you wondering what the Dr. suggested?  Do you have twenty minutes?

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever notice that those sorts of presentations never have any video controls available? No progress slider that would allow you to skip ahead. No pause/play buttons so you can't take a break to catch your breath or you would have to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete