Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 55 Words

March 1, 2015
Day 55


Words. Words, Words, Words!  I spew forth words in strings of complicated messes. I put words together like I am speaking Latin. In Latin the order of words is not what lends meaning but rather their endings. But hey, in English the order IS important. Over the years because of my overuse and ill placement of words too many have left my presence with the opposite meaning of what I meant to say.

"Lynn, did I say too much?" I will sometimes ask my husband as I did today.

Today he responded as if I asked him to be completely honest, "Yes, you wear people out with too many words." Thanks buddy! Note to self - "Don't ask if you don't want to know!" But I do...

My goal in life is to hone my words in writing and in speaking. This goal is not to impress but rather to effectively communicate. Time is running out and there is a need for all of us who are kingdom seekers and expanders to be clear communicators.

To listen to someone clearly communicating an idea, a concept, a mission, a scientific discovery, an insight is mesmerizing to me and gripping. Ted Talks do it well.  I seek to do it well. I must continue to remind myself that it is where you end up that matters and not where you start.

This blog is helpful in honing my words for the written page. I need to do more processing in my brain space before the words exit. I need to be comfortable with the bare minimum. The lack of leaves is beautiful in the winter. I must remember that bareness communicates.


4 comments:

  1. Now who is being vulnerable..love it and your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, when you have a dear,dear,dear friend (did I mention dear?) that won't stop being vulnerable, how can you not follow suit! Love to you!

      Delete
  2. well written
    we are all working on that one thanks Lynne, perfect!

    ReplyDelete