Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 73 You Must Leave, Now!

March 19, 2015
Day 73

The questioners barge in the front door uninvited, they never use the doorbell. Relentlessly they question me every day. They've got to get out. They are rude and obnoxious, speaking over one another with bullet speed questions. I'm sluggish as I crouch, hands over my head, deflecting the well aimed missiles. Sometimes, these questioners have familiar faces.

Are you sure this is what you want to do? Why did you wear this today? Do you really know much about this? Are you leading people down the wrong path? Do you know as much as you should? Why do you still have those extra pounds? Don't you want to look sharper than that? Shouldn't you be more concerned about this, what about that, or this, or that? Don't you think you are coming across a little too condescending? Are you not being a little black and white? If you say this, what do you think they are going to think? Are you really convinced about how you are doing things? Who do you think you are? Are you really going to do it that way? Why haven't you finished this? Why are you not doing it differently? Why did you say that? How do you feel about the way they reacted to you? Do you think they really like you? Did you see the way they looked at you? Did you notice the way in which they responded? Are they over there discussing something disparaging about you? Why didn't you do that? Should you have made that choice? Are you being too vague? Why have you not done this? Don't you wish you could be like them? Don't you wish you had that? Why are you not concerned about this? Why did you send that email? Why did you post that? C'mon can you not do things right?

Yet while the obnoxious ones clamor there is a gracious and kind Savior knocking on my heart's door. His voice is gentle, kind, loving, patient, encouraging, motivating, never rude, boastful, nor angry, but protective, trusting, and hopeful. He asks me to dine with Him. He tells me I "clean up nicely."

He knows my words before they exit yet loves me still. He knocks and waits for the door to open, barging in is not his style. He is gracious. His thoughts and His voice lead me to still waters, green pastures. The unwanted guests, however, like a robber, bully and push their way in, they are never invited. Their thoughts and voices lead me to distress.

When the questioners come I must remember the following:
1. They are never invited - shove them out!
2. Accusatory questions are never from Him.
3. His voice is gentle even when He rebukes, it always feels right.
4. Everything He says is right because it is based on Truth.




2 comments:

  1. I. Love. You. Thank you for letting us into that awesome brain of yours once again. I resonated with this post so much more than I wanted to, but the grace in it was a great reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep hit the nail on the head....lies, lies , lies but too close to home they hit....truth, truth the only thing that is true.

    ReplyDelete