Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day 85 Droning On

March 31, 2015
Day 85

"Look up and all around, children, and take in the beautiful site of an uncluttered air space above and around you. Do you know why I say this, children, because soon it will be no more."

Who is this talking? Who dare speak of such things to children who have more than enough anxiety issues to cope with let alone this apocalyptic thought better left in a science fiction book! Who dare?!!

It is I, Lynne Burkholder, who interjects such anxious thoughts into most conversations these days. I am hoping that one of these children, having known of the better days, will go on to do some work regulating drone usage. I am hoping that some of these children who find themselves in a robotic field will use their common sense. For soon children will only know of a sky full of drones, or so I suspect.

There are some who just listen to me with a patronizing smile hoping I'll move on to other pleasanter topics. And there are others who hope I never do anything about this fear, having their personal drone kit in their workshop and only anxious for regulations to shift in their favor. Then there are my drone fear buddies who enter into the conversation with even more thoughts for me to think on.

What will happen? I suspect the law will move in the favor of drone usage. For one cannot disagree with the innumerable and beneficial uses. But must we be so convenienced? I think not.


No comments:

Post a Comment