Saturday, March 28, 2015

Day 82 Play Weekend

March 28, 2015
Day 82


Play Weekend is one of the better weekends for me during a given year. It is a ton of work that is required to pull off a performance and this weekend is the culmination of everyone's hard work. Drama has something for everyone; the organizer, the pretenders/actors, the technicals, the decorators, and me.

Since 2001 the young homeschoolers in my life, some of my own and some from other mothers, have been involved in amazing dramas. The lessons we have learned, the struggles we have endured, the performances we have produced, the sets we have painted are beyond beyond. We have made some of the involved parents weep with joy and we have also made them weep with fatigue.  

It is so much work, but for my children, I work.  What they have gained from their involvement with the Community Homeschool Players is more than can be listed. The relationships they have had with the directors, the parents, and the other students is worth all the work.










Tonight is the last performance and this is when I cry. For no matter how much work it has taken, no matter how little sleep, for me, it all adds up to pure joy. I love watching the relationships that are built, love it. And until next year.............


1 comment: