Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 58 Kathryn

March 4, 2015
Day 58


Kathryn Marie Lynne is graceful, peaceful, purposeful, mindful, and full of life. From little on she has been watching, thinking, pondering, and charting her own path. Today, she blew into the studio ticked off at me. Unaware that tucked under my ear was the phone, she started talking to me. "You never answer your phone!"

Her father, in the studio as well, mentioned to her that I was on the phone. It is times such as these that bother her. Looking directly at me, caring less about the phone I am on she states, "Did you know I was even calling??? Probably not!" She was about out the door when she saw my finger pointing for her to wait. "Oh! You want me to wait?!" She was not having it.  Yes, I nodded, really trying not to laugh. I love it when she gets indignant because behind that face is a laugh ready to burst and I know how to get it out. Most times. It never worked with her older sister, but Kathryn, my record is pretty decent.

It took five minutes and I was off the phone and Kathryn and I moved into conversation easily, it has always been that way with her. Let bygones be bygones. She doesn't even know how to hold a grudge. A chip on her shoulder would just fall off.

When she wants to talk she will stick around and when she doesn't, well she just does not show up. She's easy. We began talking at 12:45 pm. She was processing and Lynn came out to the studio with a bowl of chili. Kathryn wanted some and asked if I did as well. She serves others, always has. She went in fetched two hot bowls of chili and came back out and continued the conversation with Lynn and I.

We moved our conversation to the tables so that Lynn could use the whiteboard showing business projections. None of us had planned for a meeting but that is exactly what happened, a Twin Valley Coffee meeting. It was rigorous, they always are and productive. Kathryn is a significant player in the company and she has gracefully moved into a daughter/business partner relationship with her father. She is not afraid to challenge him, call him out, and her father loves this about her!

There we were, Kathryn, her father and I sitting around the table. "Kathryn, you had things you needed to do today but all you really wanted was to be with your father and I." She nodded. When all was said and done it was 4 pm. Time flew with this daughter of ours. She is pleasure, she is joy, she is peace and she is powerful. What a gift this feisty woman is to her father and I. Butter on bread....

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you were finally able to say what you wanted to say. :)

      Delete