Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 72 Walking on Sunshine

March 18, 2015
Day 72


The sun! Our new position makes the sun shine stronger and the days longer. Tonight it was seven and the sun was still high in the sky. This season is a thrill ride, I hop in the front car and my hands are in the air! This rivals any rollercoaster!

The earth has shifted, the angles have changed and the call from my gardens is increasing. It is March and while the rest of us have our feet firmly planted on terra nova the energy boom underneath is happening. Green explodes from below, gravity is defied. And I can't take it. I am excited. 

The seasons are a delight, a true measured surprise. I embrace the cold winter months seeing them as strengthening exercises. I sip at the spring enjoying the small doses of constant change. I soak up the rays in the summer fortifying my insides based on my theory I call temperature memory. In the winter months when the wind is whistling where you don't want it to, my theory proposes that all you must do is remember the August heat, better than drinking whiskey. The Fall is warm, cozy and the darkness is needed for it is time to wind down. I love how Fall tricks you into thinking it is so late.

However, there's just something about Spring. The different shades of green impress me as if it is a new show. The twigs with their delicate buds lure me to come closer. We are children in a toy shop. This is the endless feeling of enchantment. The birds are busy gathering, gathering, gathering, preparing their new birthing beds. Everyday something new is showcased. I see it as hope on display. But, oh the sun!

2 comments:

  1. needed after weather forecast for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always count on YOU! :) Love you and we'll have to have tea over snow.

      Delete