Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day 79 I Shall Not Want

March 25, 2015
Day 79

"I shall not be in want." (Ps.23:1)
Why? Because the Lord is My Shepherd.
But that doesn't seem normal.
Shouldn't I "want?"
What is wrong with "wanting?"
Isn't that what my society is based on, "wanting" more?


Eve, in the garden, had everything she needed.
But she "wanted" more. And her "want" brewed trouble.
Her "want" led her into deception and her husband into sin.
Our world was changed forever by others "wanting."

What does it look like to not be in "want?"
Is it when my spirit is satisfied with the Lord's leading that
I do not "want?"

To not be in "want" is freedom from
discontentment. You can relax with others, fellowship with
the Lord. But to "want" leads us to places
of sin.


"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want." (Ps.23:1)

2 comments:

  1. to not want= Trust in the one who has it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen...doesn't it make it sad then when all we do is want!

      Delete