Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Continuum.......The Thank You List!





Add to this "Thank You!" list. Send your entry to lynneburkholder@gmail.com and I will add it to the "Thank You!" list. Or if you are friends with me on facebook, you can let me know there.  I will tag your name to your entry unless you tell me otherwise. My goal is 1,000 entries.

It is inspired by Ann Voskamp's beautifully written book, "One Thousand gifts."

"Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning 'joy.'

"Deep chara joy is found only at the table of the euCHARisteo - the table of thanksgiving.'

She quotes Albert Schweitzer, "The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live...He has penetrated the whole mystery of life: giving thanks for everything."

So let's live. Let's give thanks for everything. Hey, why not keep your own "Thank You!" list. Just throw some of your thankfulness my way and our lists can grow together.

Send your sentence of thankfulness to Lynneburkholder@gmail.com and title it "Thank You!" Or whatever, don't mind me.

Thank you!

Monday, August 17, 2015
1. Thank you for photosynthesis. It happens without me trying to make it happen.~ltb
2. Thank you for early mornings. They always feel like Hope.~ltb
3. Thank you for times away. Our time in Maine was a time of refreshing and a time I will 
    look back on always.~ltb
4. Thank you, God, for your call to rest. There is no other religion that calls a person to         rest, no other!~ltb
5. Thank you, God, for your specific words to me and how you help me understand the    
    hard things in my life, you show me little by little your purpose in the sad and hard    
    things I travel through.~ltb
6. Thank you that I woke up today.~ltb
7. Thank you for sleep.~ltb
8. Thank you for the uniqueness of my husband.~ltb
9. Thank you for new beginnings.~ltb
10. Thank you for family. To have my in-laws in our town is a treasure.~ltb
11. Thank you for this summer, 2015. We shaved off some common activities which could         have been sad but instead we tapped into a depth we would not have    
     experienced.~ltb
12. Thank you for a list of things to do that I really like! ~ltb
13. Thank you for my grandson, Theo. ~ltb
14. Thank you that my grandson, Theo, has loving parents whom I trust.  ~ltb

Tuesday, August 18, 2015
15. Thankful you picked up the book again and reminded me of why I enjoyed reading it so much and how I need to choose thanksgiving daily. ~Cynthia Rogers Rabbitt
16.Happiness is knowing Who to Thank...~Anne Milnes Law
17. Thank you for my time at Walmart with Stephanie Ruby, someone who is so dog gone honest and authentic. She is a treasure in a world of facades. ~ltb
18. Thank you for Laura Green who allows you to see the inner workings of her heart and is breathlessly seeking God. ~ltb
19. Thank you for my time with Scott Stevenson. We always go deep into God's territory.
20. Thank you for my time with Lisa Reinoehl at Walmart. She shared from the deep place and ministered to me at the same time. ~ltb
21. Thank you for this morning of devotions with people. The images that the Holy Spirit was giving to both Laura and myself were pretty intense. i.e. operating table, list of hate, mercy over judgment,task list completed, abiding. ~ltb
22. Thank you for helping Scott and I to understand more of abiding, the very topic that had just been discussed with Laura. ~ltb
23. Thank you for my prayer time with Laura. ~ltb
24. Thank you for my prayer time with Scott for Rob White who is possibly seeing his last days. ~ltb
25. Thank you for the good night sleep. ~ltb
26. Thank you for the hot day yesterday. I am a snake on a rock soaking up heat in preparation for the deep freeze in my cold country home. ~ltb
27. Thank you for all of those folks who have enjoyed our vacation through facebook and want to hear about it. They are so patient with all my words! ~ltb
28. Thank you for social media that allowed me to connect so quickly with my relatives from Maine when we were in Maine! What a powerful tool of connecting. I love social media. ~ltb
29. Thank you for the answered prayer. I did not do the comparison trail while in Maine. It was perfect conditions for such but I did not go there. ~ltb
20. Thank you for Laura Green's great imagery and prayer that kept me in a good place. She writes,"So I heard that when you think on something over and over it creates this little wrinkle in your brain. Then the more you think in that thing and in that way the wrinkle gets deeper...like a little brain valley where those same thoughts more easily flow. This helped me better understand what the Lord meant when he tells us to renew our minds...new brain wrinkles for Lynne. Deep brain wrinkles of gratitude Lord. And please diminish those of comparison. ~ltb
21. Thank you for our dear puppy Primrose. ~ltb
22. Thank you for Becca Beam who loved Primrose last week while we were away! ~ltb

No comments:

Post a Comment