Friday, August 21, 2015

Day 226 A Peek Into Lynne Burkholder's Prayer Life

August 21, 2015
Day 226



Dear Lord, Father, Jesus, I need to order that curriculum. Today, let me say the Lord's prayer. Our Father who art in heaven. Maybe I should step out of the King James Version. Hallowed be thy, oh maybe I should not even bother trying to do that. Does it even really matter? Man, do other people find it easier to focus? Jesus how do you deal with this muck of randomness? Hallowed be thy or your name. What does hallowed really mean? I know I ask this almost every time I say this prayer. Should I be directing everything in my prayer to you, Jesus, or to my Father, God. I know you are the same but...I JUST WANT TO FELLOWSHIP WITH YOU, LYNNE. Hallowed be your name, Jesus. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus's will was death on a cross, how does free will work with that? Lord, I need to be filled with you today before I begin the list of things I need to do. Jesus, I need your peace. COME BE WITH ME, LYNNE. I just need to finish up some thoughts/prayers. I need to allow you to live in me. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever. Why did I take so long to get the school affidavit into the school district? Jesus, hallowed be your name. I know you! I know who you are! I love you, Jesus! JUST RELAX. I kinda have a lot of things to pray about. Please help that new college girl with her anxiety attacks. Help her to get back to college. Please help her accept your peace. Jesus, you are good. Thank you for the Wider teacher meeting yesterday. Thank you for creating this particular school year in an amazing way, for handpicking the students. This summer you revealed to me what my confidence and identity was coming from as you pulled the rug out from under me. You showed me the destructive nature of having my identity in something that I do, or am and not in you, Jesus. Thank you for that painful, healing lesson. Leave it to you, Lord Jesus, to reveal such a glaring pride issue and make me ask you for more revelation. Thank you for Rebecca. I loved talking with her yesterday. Please bless her labor and delivery. Please make this birth a great one. Hallowed be your name. I know you, you are everything! I take refuge in you. Today, I have much to do but the list swims nameless and blob-like before me. It's a list of chores and opportunities right now. Jesus, I love you. I LOVE YOU, LYNNE. Hallowed be your name. I REACH OUT TO YOU, LYNNE. I love that you call me by name, Jesus. COME DINE WITH ME.We really should get today sorted out. Today there are so many going off to college, please be with Doug and Diane as they drop off their Jenna. I can't believe my phone is cracked. Uggghhh,why haven't I ordered a case. Probably money. Oh, Lord would you provide us more money. These cases should automatically come with every new phone. This spites me. I can't believe Geoff's phone is cracked! I wonder if he was able to fix it last night? LYNNE, I LOVE YOU, FOCUS ON ME, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TODAY. BE WITH ME. I need to make applesauce and I think I am going to use small bags. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever. In Jesus Name Amen.

I am sure you can not relate to the flow of this prayer or lack there of. Maybe you have put me squarely at the top of your prayer list. Thank you - I need all the prayer I can get! But do you notice my pride???? Why am I even showing you this? Terri, I know you can not relate!

1 comment: