Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 228 Idolatry

August 23, 2015
Day 228

Chris and Terri


I am intrigued by Idolatry.  It makes sense and then all of a sudden the sense runs from me like a little child taunting me to play hide n seek in the dark. It is rampant, a love of something other than Jesus Christ. Idolatry in light of that definition could be upholding my view, my position, my doctrine, my information, my knowledge, my need for more, my satisfaction, my comfort, my view of christianity, my view of my church, my view, my view, my view. It is a pull on me. Idolatry is putting something else in view. And not only putting something else in view but really working hard at that something else.


Jesus Christ is to be looked at as they did the bronze snake on a pole. They looked up and fixed their eyes on the pole and they were saved. It was not a leader, it was not an elder, it was not a tribesmen, it was not a father, it was not a mother, it was not an aunt nor an uncle. It was a snake, one solitary point of reference. Look up and you are saved. Is there anything else I am suppose to do?

This is why idolatry reigns. It is all about doing, all about accomplishing, all about creating, crafting, organizing, researching.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus!


3 comments:

  1. Very succinct and well said and the darn truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very succinct and well said and the darn truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you, Dale. I actually feel like it needs work............but thank you!

      Delete