Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 230 Key Witness

Moose Pond, ME. The sun shone despite the rain.


August 26, 2015
Day 230

So, "Stocks around the world tumbled in volatile trading on Monday, leaving investors to wonder how much government officials can and will do to insulate the global economy from the turmoil. The upheaval in the markets began with another rout in China that drew comparisons to the 1987 crash in the United States known as 'Black Monday.' " ( New York Times by Nathaniel Popper and Neil Goughaug. 23, 2015)

Give thanks to the Lord
For He is Good
His love endures forever.  Ps. 118


Um, are you sure about this? I mean, honestly, this is bad, really bad. Give thanks to the Lord? China is kind of an important player in our economy. So, giving thanks to the Lord, for He is good, seems, well, polly-ann-ish. There is worry material and then there is worry material. And this is panic material. Do not worry about tomorrow is a verse probably written with only minor stuff in mind. My finger is going over this hole in the dike. Folks, it is time to worry! Can you imagine if we wouldn't???

"Islamic State militants have razed a fifth-century Roman Catholic monastery and blown up one of the best-preserved first-century temples in Palmyra, the ancient Syrian city that is one of the world’s most important archaeological sites, according to government officials and local activists.

Much like the grinding slaughter of human beings, the ravaging of irreplaceable antiquities in Syria and Iraq has become something of a grim wartime routine. Yet the cumulative destruction of antiquities has reached staggering levels that represent an irreversible loss to world heritage and future scholarship, archaeological experts and antiquities officials say. (New York Times by Anne Barnardaug. 24, 2015)

Let Israel say, His love endures forever.
Let the House of Aaron say, His love endures forever.
Let those who fear the Lord say,
His love endures forever. Ps. 118

His love endures, the "grinding slaughter of human beings." The Merriam Webster dictionary says that to endure is to experience pain or suffering for a long time.

His love endures the "ravaging of irreplaceable antiquities in Syria and Iraq..." The Merriam Webster dictionary says that to endure is to continue to exist in the same state or condition.

Is it not enough, to keep us from worrying, knowing that His love endures forever?
When God tells us not to worry, He watched every detail play out before it even happened. In every court around the country, He is the key witness!

In my anguish I cried and he answered by setting me free. Ps. 118

The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid
What can man do to me?
The Lord is with me, He is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies. Ps. 118


my faith is small, my worry large, but I am going to have a go at it.....
i give you thanks, Lord.










No comments:

Post a Comment