Friday, August 28, 2015

Day 233 Oh How He Speaks


August 28, 2015
Day 233

I am so fortunate. He speaks to me. He has since I was five years old. The things He says to me always lead me in good directions. Run, Lynne, run. And I do. No, Lynne, do not go there. And I do not. As a child I listen to what He says and I do not put up a fuss. Come to Him like a child, maybe that is what it means. Lynne, you do not have to do that to have fun, just enjoy what is around you. Friends would tell me to party more, then maybe I would  have more friends. No, I am content with the load of friends I have, I will not party for that.

He gives me a contentment that only He can give. I take it and I enjoy it. I remember thinking of Him in my youth, meditating on Him, and my heart would fly to places full of majesty. Watch, Lynne, a good organization will most always fizzle from its principles, beware of that Lynne. That young man who is spinning circles around you with his words and smooth voice, don't buy it Lynne. No, Lynne, when that young man comes back to college you are not to date him. In fact, Lynne, today is the end, and no, you do not have to call and tell him that. He has made himself perfectly clear, Lynne. And so shall you.

Lynne, this man who you do not think is your type will be your husband. I am giving you what you need and you are going to really then want him. Almost thirty years later I shudder to think of all I would not have, had I not listened to Him about my lifelong partner. Lynne, you are to trust and depend on me solely, not on your husband. He is to do the same with me. Encourage him to run the race with perseverance but He is not your all in all. I am!

How do I know He is real? No one, to date, speaks so clearly, so gently, so convic-tin-gly, so purposefully into my life as He has. His words to me line up with His character. I continue to learn of  Him as I go deep into the ancient text He wrote. He leads me to wonderful healing places. The people that misunderstand me, that hurt me, He simply encourages me to love them back. And He even provides the love. He is consistent with all He says.

He provides me with dreams that navigate me through hard times. He gives me peace when there is no peace in my circumstances. He listens to me and answers me. I know His voice.

He and I look at each other when those who do not understand Him have the same ole questions. He helps me see how uncreative unbelief is. It swirls around the same questions that people continue to have. I have yet to hear a new question. His answers amaze me they are so creative.

He speaks to me and the other day I cry when my friend, Jenifer Snider, shares with me what God has spoken to her on a silent retreat. I cry because He says the same exact things to me. I love when He does this to His people. We connect in ways money, similarity of personality, common interests etc. do not know how to connect. We know one another. And those who know His love only want to love more, not less. We refuse to be pulled to the dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment