Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Thank You God 23-70

Christine Jackson, Linda Renno, Chief - Rozaana Leever at the lovely home in Mt. Gretna Village!


Add to this "Thank You!" list. Send your entry to lynneburkholder@gmail.com and I will add it to the "Thank You!" list. Or if you are friends with me on facebook, you can let me know there.  I will tag your name to your entry unless you tell me otherwise. My goal is 1,000 entries.

It is inspired by Ann Voskamp's beautifully written book, "One Thousand gifts."

"Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning 'joy.'

"Deep chara joy is found only at the table of the euCHARisteo - the table of thanksgiving.'

She quotes Albert Schweitzer, "The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live...He has penetrated the whole mystery of life: giving thanks for everything."

So let's live. Let's give thanks for everything. Hey, why not keep your own "Thank You!" list. Just throw some of your thankfulness my way and our lists can grow together.

Send your sentence of thankfulness to Lynneburkholder@gmail.com and title it "Thank You!" Or whatever, don't mind me.

Thank you!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 (contributors - Anne Milnes Law, Julie Crider, Elizabeth Lantz)
23. Thank you Lord, that my version of the Heimlich maneuver was able to help my choking husband. Minutes ago...I'm still shaking (occurred about 1pm yesterday). ~Anne Milnes Law
24. Thank you for kindred cousins. ~Julie Crider (love you too Julie)
25. Thank you for Emily and Wilfred Harrington, in the great cloud of witnesses now but whose legacy has reached far and wide!!~Julie Crider (These folks are Julie and my grandparents. ltb)
26. Thank you for new babies! ~Julie Crider
27. Thank you, Lord, for salty sea air on a warm Maine summer night. ~Julie Crider (oh, oh, oh, I feel it! I want it! ltb)
28. Thank you for my sister and brothers. ~Julie Crider
29. Thank you for kitties. ~Julie Crider
30. Thank you for loving parents.~Elizabeth Lantz
31. Thank you for my awesome siblings.~Elizabeth Lantz
32. Thank you for wonderful friends and family.~Elizabeth Lantz
33. Thank you for sunsets but better yet, that the sun rises new each morning!~Elizabeth Lantz
34. Thank you for nature.~Elizabeth Lantz
35. Thank you for history and what it teaches us about living simpler lives.~Elizabeth Lantz
36. Thank you for food, clothing, and shelter.~Elizabeth Lantz
37. Thank you for changing seasons.~Elizabeth Lantz
38. Thank you for my teammates and coaches.~Elizabeth Lantz
39. Thank you for the never ending love of God!~Elizabeth Lantz
40. Thank you for older wiser people from whom we learn so much!~Elizabeth Lantz
41. Thank you for new life.~Elizabeth Lantz
42. Thank you for the city where I live.~Elizabeth Lantz
43. Thank you for cameras -- a tool we use to try and capture the beautiful moments in life.~Elizabeth Lantz
44. Thank you for lakes and pine trees.~Elizabeth Lantz
45. Thank you for music.~Elizabeth Lantz
46. Thank you for laughter.~Elizabeth Lantz
47. Thank you for City on the Hill.~Elizabeth Lantz
48. Thank you for peace.~Elizabeth Lantz
49.Thank you for a kitchen that sees a lot of foot traffic!~ltb
50.Thank you for Terri's lovely home that provided me a wonderful setting to study.~ltb
51.Thank you for the Robotics meeting on Monday night and the energy it created in the room.~ltb
52.Thank you for Dr. Stephen Feldbauer from Penn State Dubois Campus who is so willing to aid us in the robotics competition.~ltb
53.Thank you for the students who are pumped about the competition.~ltb
54.Thank you for big projects like this. It is my form of cliff diving, bungy jumping, doing a wheely on a major highway with a Harley!~ltb
55.Thank you for the parents of the students we are privileged to have at Wider School. These are involved individuals loving their children through their involvement in their lives.~ltb
56.Thank you for Kathryn's new car.~ltb
57.Thank you for Keith Grant and the deal he worked out with Kathryn for her new car.~ltb
58.Thank you for her filming of Brenna's music video.~ltb
59.Thank you for Brenna. Godspeed on your new adventure. May you never lose sight of Jesus Christ.~ltb
60.Thank you this lovely spot in my backyard with the glorious birch tree as my canopy.~ltb
61.Thank you Cindy and Lanny Scwhartz for giving us this tree twenty years ago!~ltb
62.Thank you for Jake and Kiera in our lives, such an amazing couple.~ltb
63.Thank you for Kiera's kindness at RiteAid my in-laws. What a small world.~ltb
64. Thank you for my MACBook Pro computer! Honestly, I am so grateful for this piece of equipment.~ltb
65. Thank you for my beautiful, beautiful girls, Emily Krah and Lindsey Crider. ~Julie Crider
66. Thank you for my rich time with Rozanna Leever, Linda Renno, Christine Jackson, and Jenifer Snider. ~ltb
67. Thank you for Rozanna and Steve and their commitment to excellence. No one can keep up with this couple. Don't even try! ~ltb
68. Thank you for my time in the car, on the way to Mt. Gretna, with Jenifer Snider. To hear of her contemplative, silent retreat, was almost more than I could handle. Rest, a call to rest! ~ltb
69. Thank you for Leah Renno's example of living a life following you, Jesus, and spending significant amounts of time abiding with you, Lord. Please, Jesus, protect her! ~ltb
70. Thank you for a plethora of friends! Diane Treichler...plethora. This is a taste of heaven, that's why heaven is for an eternity. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone! ~ltb





Tuesday, August 18, 2015

15. Thankful you picked up the book again and reminded me of why I enjoyed reading it so much and how I need to choose thanksgiving daily. ~Cynthia Rogers Rabbitt
16.Happiness is knowing Who to Thank...~Anne Milnes Law
17. Thank you for my time at Walmart with Stephanie Ruby, someone who is so dog gone honest and authentic. She is a treasure in a world of facades. ~ltb
18. Thank you for Laura Green who allows you to see the inner workings of her heart and is breathlessly seeking God. ~ltb
19. Thank you for my time with Scott Stevenson. We always go deep into God's territory.
20. Thank you for my time with Lisa Reinoehl at Walmart. She shared from the deep place and ministered to me at the same time. ~ltb
21. Thank you for this morning of devotions with people. The images that the Holy Spirit was giving to both Laura and myself were pretty intense. i.e. operating table, list of hate, mercy over judgment,task list completed, abiding. ~ltb
22. Thank you for helping Scott and I to understand more of abiding, the very topic that had just been discussed with Laura. ~ltb
23. Thank you for my prayer time with Laura. ~ltb
24. Thank you for my prayer time with Scott for Rob White who is possibly seeing his last days. ~ltb
25. Thank you for the good night sleep. ~ltb
26. Thank you for the hot day yesterday. I am a snake on a rock soaking up heat in preparation for the deep freeze in my cold country home. ~ltb
27. Thank you for all of those folks who have enjoyed our vacation through facebook and want to hear about it. They are so patient with all my words! ~ltb
28. Thank you for social media that allowed me to connect so quickly with my relatives from Maine when we were in Maine! What a powerful tool of connecting. I love social media. ~ltb
29. Thank you for the answered prayer. I did not do the comparison trail while in Maine. It was perfect conditions for such but I did not go there. ~ltb
20. Thank you for Laura Green's great imagery and prayer that kept me in a good place. She writes,"So I heard that when you think on something over and over it creates this little wrinkle in your brain. Then the more you think in that thing and in that way the wrinkle gets deeper...like a little brain valley where those same thoughts more easily flow. This helped me better understand what the Lord meant when he tells us to renew our minds...new brain wrinkles for Lynne. Deep brain wrinkles of gratitude Lord. And please diminish those of comparison. ~ltb
21. Thank you for our dear puppy Primrose. ~ltb
22.Thank you for Becca Beam who loved Primrose last week while we were away! ~ltb

Monday, August 17, 2015
1. Thank you for photosynthesis. It happens without me trying to make it happen.~ltb
2. Thank you for early mornings. They always feel like Hope.~ltb
3. Thank you for times away. Our time in Maine was a time of refreshing and a time I will
    look back on always.~ltb
4. Thank you, God, for your call to rest. There is no other religion that calls a person to         rest, no other!~ltb
5. Thank you, God, for your specific words to me and how you help me understand the  
    hard things in my life, you show me little by little your purpose in the sad and hard  
    things I travel through.~ltb
6. Thank you that I woke up today.~ltb
7. Thank you for sleep.~ltb
8. Thank you for the uniqueness of my husband.~ltb
9. Thank you for new beginnings.~ltb
10. Thank you for family. To have my in-laws in our town is a treasure.~ltb
11. Thank you for this summer, 2015. We shaved off some common activities which could         have been sad but instead we tapped into a depth we would not have  
     experienced.~ltb
12. Thank you for a list of things to do that I really like! ~ltb
13. Thank you for my grandson, Theo. ~ltb
14. Thank you that my grandson, Theo, has loving parents whom I trust.  ~ltb

No comments:

Post a Comment