Friday, August 21, 2015

Thank You God 104-153


Chris and Caleb

My goal is 1,000 entries.  It is inspired by Ann Voskamp's beautifully written book, "One Thousand gifts."

Add to this "Thank You!" list. Send your entry to lynneburkholder@gmail.com and I will add it to the "Thank You!" list. Or if you are friends with me on facebook, you can let me know there on the last one posted.  I will tag your name to your entry unless you tell me otherwise.
"Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning 'joy.'

"Deep chara joy is found only at the table of the euCHARisteo - the table of thanksgiving.'

She quotes Albert Schweitzer, "The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live...He has penetrated the whole mystery of life: giving thanks for everything."

So let's live. Let's give thanks for everything. Hey, why not keep your own "Thank You!" list. Just throw some of your thankfulness my way and our lists can grow together.

Send your sentence of thankfulness to Lynneburkholder@gmail.com and title it "Thank You!" Or whatever, don't mind me.

Thank you!


Saturday, August 22, 2015
133. Thank you for my son, Christopher, who loves being with people and brings a crowd to our home. ~ltb
134. Thank you for clear headed focus on Wider Science today. I loved studying the National Academies Press. ~ltb
135. Thank you for Nicky Sue's time at Hershey Park. ~ltb
136. Thank you that I did not throw up, pass out, or die at Hershey Park. ~Abby
137. Thank you for roller coasters. ~Nicky Sue
138. Thank you for the amazing Hershey park weather.~Abby
139. Thank you that I am not addicted to gambling because the game at Hershey of trying to get the teddy bear was addictive. ~Abby
140.Thank you for my room, I just got new wood floors. The carpet was bad. ~Hayley
141. Thank you for sunsets, the one on the way home was really pretty. ~Hayley
142. Thank you for practical jokes. We convinced Josiah it was his nerves when in fact we were poking him. ~Abby
143. Thank you for good friends and good family that love me. ~Josiah
144. Thank you for my sensitive sister in law, Diane, sending my son a dear letter expressing gratefulness for him. ~ltb
145. Thank you for Abby Buckles who has been making a mean breakfast at RCC every month for the past three months.  ~ltb
146. Thank you for my time at RCC with the women this morning.  ~ltb
147. Thank you so much for Damaris! She is amazing.  ~ltb
148. Thank you for Jerilyn. I know I spelled this wrong. I love her spunk! ~ltb
149. Thank you for the decision I was able to make today. ~ltb
150. Thank you for the discussions that happen around our dining room table.  ~ltb
151. Thank you for the beautiful clear day. ~ltb
152. Thank you for a clean fresh mown yard. ~ltb
153. Thank you for a son, Geoff, who still wants to be with me.  ~ltb

Friday, August 21, 2015
104. Thank you for rain that quenches the dry ground. ~Holly J. Lewis
105. Thank you for summer harvests, fresh tasting vegetables right out of my yard. ~Holly J. Lewis
106. Thank you Lord that prayer changes things, thanksgiving brings joy, suffering brings bended knees. ~Holly J. Lewis
107. Thank you Lord that all things do really work together for our good, because we are your called and we are your beloved. ~Holly J. Lewis
108. Thank you Lord for health that allows me to get up everyday and move, walk, swim, laugh, enjoy life. ~Holly J. Lewis
109. Thank you that you listen to such ridiculous prayers and your Spirit groans for me. I now know why your Spirit groans. ~ltb
110. Thank you for Joanne Mulvey who is such an amazing woman.  ~ltb
111. Thank you for the foster twins of Samantha and her husband and the love they receive from their Grammy and Grandpa Mulvey.  ~ltb
112. Thank you for ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. ~Nicky Sue
113. Thank you for my mother and her willingness to drive me from Philadelphia to Morgantown. ~Abby Snider
114. Thank you for Abby Snider and her exuberance! I love this girl. ~ltb
115. Thank you for Johnny Cash. His music is so comforting and when I get anxious I listen to Johnny Cash and my life gets better. ~Abby Snider
116. Thank you for baking. ~Abby Snider
117. Thank you for Ryan Cupo who is hanging at our home. Love that he wants to come to the chaos! ~ltb
118. Thank you for Erin and James who came last night and baked pizza and spoke of stupid things, silly things and deep things. ~ltb
119. Thank you for my time spent chatting with Joanne Mulvey. ~ltb
120. Thank you for my time spent chatting with Sharon Maoile and all that we shared from the deep parts of our soul. 
121. Thank you, Jesus, that you are in charge of our children's spiritual direction. 
120. Thank you for Trish Hageman and her adorable daughter, Katie! What a breath of fresh and vibrant air.
121. Thank you for the stately and kind person in Mark Shyer. ~ltb
122. Thank you for my in-laws bringing me tomatoes and peppers. ~ltb
123. Thank you for Paul Hess and all the tomatoes and cucumbers he gave us. ~ltb
124. Thank you that I got my braces off. ~Abby Snider
125. Thank you for Jesus for providing the braces. We could not afford them. ~Abby Snider
126. Thank you that my mom is healthy and teaching me to be healthy. She is teaching me her good life style. ~Abby Snider
127. I am thank for that my parents have a good relationships. ~Abby Snider
128. Thank you that I have amazing friends. I have very good, thoughtful friends, to the point of ridiculousness. ~Abby Snider
129. Thank you for water. I need water so much. The fact that I have clean water is amazing. ~Abby Snider
130. Thank you for health insurance. I am thankful that it is steady. ~Abby Snider
131. Thank you that my mom recovered beautifully from her surgery and she is back to her old self. This is awesome. ~Abby Snider
132. Thank you that Aaron is happy in his job and in his living position. He is on the list to get a full time job at Disney. ~Abby Snider


No comments:

Post a Comment