Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 209 Small Cuts in Life

August 3, 2015
Day 209

My thumb was sliced as I was washing down the counter preparing for dinner tonight. It happened all of a sudden and in an instant I was ticked. Why do I not assess every situation before I do something like this?! In the drying rack was a double edged knife. I was vigorously washing the counter and not even thinking about that knife, not even seeing that knife just lying there waiting to slice through my right thumb. It happened so quickly and took me by surprise.  All I could think of was, "Thank goodness it is not Thanksgiving with all the food preparations still to be done and gobs and gobs of dishes yet to wash."

It is the little small cuts in life that are so annoying, and sometimes so debilitating. It is a small slice on my thumb but the position of it is painful. Every time I type I am typing directly on the cut. My biggest pet peeve in life is obtaining a small, painful cut such as this on my fingers, especially my right hand. The worse is when one of my children breaks a glass and attempts to clean up the mess but doesn't fine tooth the process. I come along washing the counter and when ringing out the washcloth a small chard of glass gives me a tiny, painful cut.

I must end my tine writing, typing is painful. In the future I need to Stop, Look, and Listen! Do you really think that is going to happen? You're right, better to buy stock in Johnson & Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment