Sunday, August 23, 2015

Thank You God 154 - 171


My goal is 1,000 entries.  It is inspired by Ann Voskamp's beautifully written book, "One Thousand gifts."

Add to this "Thank You!" list. Send your entry to lynneburkholder@gmail.com and I will add it to the "Thank You!" list. Or if you are friends with me on facebook, you can let me know there on the last one posted.  I will tag your name to your entry unless you tell me otherwise.
"Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning 'joy.'

"Deep chara joy is found only at the table of the euCHARisteo - the table of thanksgiving.'

She quotes Albert Schweitzer, "The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live...He has penetrated the whole mystery of life: giving thanks for everything."

So let's live. Let's give thanks for everything. Hey, why not keep your own "Thank You!" list. Just throw some of your thankfulness my way and our lists can grow together.

Send your sentence of thankfulness to Lynneburkholder@gmail.com and title it "Thank You!" Or whatever, don't mind me.

Thank you!


Sunday, August 23, 2015
154. Thank you for the children at church! ~ltb
155. Thank you for Caleb who leaned into me when I told him I would pray for him and ask God to give him a love for his mother. ~ltb
156. Thank you little Sophia who is full of vim and vigor. ~ltb
157. Thank you for the deacons at RCC. I love our meetings. ~ltb
158. Thank you for Deitlinda and her love of scripture. ~ltb
159. Thank you for Rachel who taught us a great line dance today in Children's Church from one of her Vacation Bible School songs. ~ltb
160. Thank you for the scripture songs those children created from Zephaniah 3:17 and Daniel 6: 26! ~ltb
161. Thank you for the laughter filled lunch with silly Dale Cupo and Moriah and Abby and Nicky and Lynn and Jesse. ~ltb
162. Thank you for talk time Dale and I had on the cozy couch after the lunch. ~ltb
163. Thank you so much for Moriah. ~ltb
164. Thank you for the small group that celebrated my Dad's eightieth at their home last night.~ltb
165. Thank you for my mom's energy to do that. ~ltb
166. Thank you for the Kayak time with Mary Burke and Terry Leamer! ~ltb
167. Thank you for Motorola phone I am able to use as my compact camera. ~ltb
168. Thank you for my in laws and our Sunday evening times. ~ltb
169. Thank you for the week ahead of me! ~ltb
170. Thank you for the perspective I receive when I hear Mary talk about the GED class she teaches in at the Salvation Army.~ltb
171. Thank you for this very pleasant Sunday! ~ltb
Saturday, August 22, 2015
133. Thank you for my son, Christopher, who loves being with people and brings a crowd to our home. ~ltb
134. Thank you for clear headed focus on Wider Science today. I loved studying the National Academies Press. ~ltb
135. Thank you for Nicky Sue's time at Hershey Park. ~ltb
136. Thank you that I did not throw up, pass out, or die at Hershey Park. ~Abby
137. Thank you for roller coasters. ~Nicky Sue
138. Thank you for the amazing Hershey park weather.~Abby
139. Thank you that I am not addicted to gambling because the game at Hershey of trying to get the teddy bear was addictive. ~Abby
140.Thank you for my room, I just got new wood floors. The carpet was bad. ~Hayley
141. Thank you for sunsets, the one on the way home was really pretty. ~Hayley
142. Thank you for practical jokes. We convinced Josiah it was his nerves when in fact we were poking him. ~Abby
143. Thank you for good friends and good family that love me. ~Josiah
144. Thank you for my sensitive sister in law, Diane, sending my son a dear letter expressing gratefulness for him. ~ltb
145. Thank you for Abby Buckles who has been making a mean breakfast at RCC every month for the past three months.  ~ltb
146. Thank you for my time at RCC with the women this morning.  ~ltb
147. Thank you so much for Damaris! She is amazing.  ~ltb
148. Thank you for Jerilyn. I know I spelled this wrong. I love her spunk! ~ltb
149. Thank you for the decision I was able to make today. ~ltb
150. Thank you for the discussions that happen around our dining room table.  ~ltb
151. Thank you for the beautiful clear day. ~ltb
152. Thank you for a clean fresh mown yard. ~ltb
153. Thank you for a son, Geoff, who still wants to be with me.  ~ltb


No comments:

Post a Comment